Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mommy's alright. Daddy's alright. They just seem a little weird.


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Here's a picture of the reason I get to celebrate myself tomorrow morning. And if 'celebrate' just means I don't have to clean the kitchen, I am all up on that. And if 'celebrate' is really a code for 'undisturbed nap' then I am up on top of that doing a tap dance.

Here's my quick note on Mother's Day: for those of us still in the trenches of potty accidents, whininess and all round chaotic living conditions, I bet most of us would love to call the holiday "Mother's Day Off". We'd get to huddle in a quiet room with a book that doesn't feature an A.A. Milne character or talk to (not type towards) other grown ups face to face. We'd take our own bathroom breaks. We'd tell each other "What do you saaayyy?" when someone handed you something. You'd say, "Thank yooouuu." We'd enjoy our Mother's Day Off because really, c'mon, everyday is Mother's Day for a mom of young kids.

For those of you who have fought the good fight and are waiting for the phone call from your adult child, I salute you. This is your day to laugh at the young moms and reflect on how much you accomplished with your kids. And wonder how much time these young moms are actually spending on the computer and if Child Welfare services should be notified on behalf of the neglected children of mom bloggers everywhere.

I wouldn't mind Child Services coming if they could take my kids for just the afternoon. Then I'd need them back because my husband might make me go out and get a job.

Oh wait...I have a job. Happy Mothers Day!

http://here-in-idaho.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is Who I Am

Kristi From Texas
Site Feed Site Feed

Site Feed

This is Who I Read

Chicky Chicky Baby
Miss DQ
Eva Las Vegas
Minivan Mafia
Suburban Turmoil
Izzy Mom
FlipFlop Mama
All Rileyed Up
Frog and Toad are Friends
Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual
RolloverSucka.com
Sanity, Interrupted
Miss Snark
The Daily Hasselhoff
Midnight Therapy with Crystal

Image hosting by Photobucket
Join BloggerChicks
Top  Blogs

This is Paying Me Nothing