Friday, June 09, 2006

Nothing could be greater, say hey, alligator!

My best, best, best friend 4-ever from high school dragged her beautiful family across the country to see us this week. For reasons my friend fully understands and can heartily laugh at, I will refer to her as 'Precious Mom'. I'll refer to myself as 'Sarcastic Mom'. Here's the part where I write in 3rd person. Because I feel like it.

Here's a run down of what not-quite-30 year old girls do when they get together:


Look at goofy high school kids lip syncing on You Tube and praise God above they didn't have access to said technology in 1993. Wonder if it would be inappropriate for not quite 30 year old girls to lip-sync a particular "They Might Be Giants" song and broadcast on You Tube. Decide, yes, it would be inappropriate.


Precious Mom gives Sarcastic Mom lessons in scrapbooking. Sarcastic Mom begins another in a string of 'Look at what 'Precious Mom' can do....I must be able to do it too!' hobbies. Previous attempts at emulating Precious Mom include jewelry making, sewing, crocheting, furniture staining and decoupaging. By 'decoupaging' Sarcastic Mom has vague memories of using Modge Podge and magazines to make crap. Precious Mom is an accountant who is also incredibly creative and talented. Sarcastic Mom says, "I may not be able to do that stuff, but I can make fun of you for using such a high voice to talk to Baby Precious"(whose cuteness warrants excessively high voices). Precious Mom laughs and says, "Whatever."

Enjoy a lovely lunch sans kids. I'm not being sarcastic...it was lovely.

Traipse around Ross Creek Cedars and Kootenai Falls out in Montana. Feel adventurous. The moms wonder if they'd ever make in on 'The Amazing Race'. Decide only if Precious Mom navigates.

Spend countless minutes discussing the 'Precious' and 'Sarcastic' kids. Analyze, speculate, make predictions about the future of the babies. Moms decide they are blessed to have such beautiful and intelligent children. Sarcastic Mom secretly stil believes her children deserve the nicknames "Turkey Bones", "Stinkerbell" and "Stink-Nasty".

Back to 1st person. So this trip started when I told my friend my sad and sudden revelation that I would never hold her new baby while she was still a baby. And two weeks later, here they are, Baby Precious, Precious Mom and Precious Dad. And to have such friends I feel very blessed. Not sarcastically blessed; truly, unequivically blessed.

Oh! I really think you're swell. Uh Huh! We really ring the bell.

http://here-in-idaho.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

What a great story...
I especially love the nicknames
"Turkey Bones", "Stinkerbell" and "Stink-Nasty".
What a great friendship!

6/12/2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I had to laugh at your comment about being grateful that You Tube and it's ilk were not a part of your teen years... we have said the same thing on numerous occasions! My drunken shame from various Spring Break adventures, remain my private domain!

BTW: "Stinkerbelle" is a cute name!

6/12/2006 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is Who I Am

Kristi From Texas
Site Feed Site Feed

Site Feed

This is Who I Read

Chicky Chicky Baby
Miss DQ
Eva Las Vegas
Minivan Mafia
Suburban Turmoil
Izzy Mom
FlipFlop Mama
All Rileyed Up
Frog and Toad are Friends
Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual
RolloverSucka.com
Sanity, Interrupted
Miss Snark
The Daily Hasselhoff
Midnight Therapy with Crystal

Image hosting by Photobucket
Join BloggerChicks
Top  Blogs

This is Paying Me Nothing