Tuesday, August 15, 2006

God bless you, Wikipedia.

Everyday hundreds and hundreds of people ask me, "Kristi, how do you teach kids to read?"

And everyday I have one simple answer, "Phonics."

Then hundreds and hundreds of people say, "And what exactly do you mean by phonics? Is that the alphabet or what?"

And I say, "What are you, stupid or something? Don't you know anything???"

And then I realize I'm imagining hundreds of people and talking to myself belligerently. I retreat to my bathroom to regroup.

Next time I'm just going to refer them to this article from Wikipedia. For all the hundreds of people who aren't quite sure what is meant by the word "phonics".

http://here-in-idaho.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Will: I don't get this post.

Me: You don't like it?

Will: I don't know why it's here.

I'm staying true to my artistic vision. The post stays.

8/15/2006 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is Who I Am

Kristi From Texas
Site Feed Site Feed

Site Feed

This is Who I Read

Chicky Chicky Baby
Miss DQ
Eva Las Vegas
Minivan Mafia
Suburban Turmoil
Izzy Mom
FlipFlop Mama
All Rileyed Up
Frog and Toad are Friends
Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual
RolloverSucka.com
Sanity, Interrupted
Miss Snark
The Daily Hasselhoff
Midnight Therapy with Crystal

Image hosting by Photobucket
Join BloggerChicks
Top  Blogs

This is Paying Me Nothing