Thursday, September 21, 2006

Here's your chance! Here's your one and only chance...


...to be AMERICA'S NEXT TOP POET!!!! I'm so glad ANTP doesn't make you wait in line for lengthy auditions. You just answer the spam mail with the title: Will, you could be America's Next Top Poet! and register with the site and submit your poem. You, too can be as recognizable as America's previous top poets...ummm....Robert Frost? Maya Angelou? I've got nothing.

On second thought, I'm looking at this entry form. Monthly $1000 prizes? Really? How's this:

He lightly tapped the table as she fried the eggs.
"I know about the purple crayon," she said.
"Damn you. It's over."
She flung the skillet at the wall.
"Peanut Butter!!!!!!!"


Or this:

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Where's Tyra Banks?
'Cause I'm America's Next Top Poet.

And you know that if you're ANTP you've got to go around wearing this. It's in the by-laws.

By the way, if you write poetry, I offer no condemnation or disrespect. But only if you're in the running to be AMERICA'S NEXT TOP POET.

http://here-in-idaho.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Yeah. That's where all the big money is. In poetry. I would write any entry, but the peanut butter one? I am frightened by your excellence.

9/21/2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

You should be.

I rock the poetry house.

9/21/2006 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lololol @ "I know about the purple crayon," she said."

9/21/2006 08:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Love the poems; you are by far the next Maya Angelou!

9/22/2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

You're a poet
and don't even
Know it!!!



Hahahahahah

9/26/2006 07:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is Who I Am

Kristi From Texas
Site Feed Site Feed

Site Feed

This is Who I Read

Chicky Chicky Baby
Miss DQ
Eva Las Vegas
Minivan Mafia
Suburban Turmoil
Izzy Mom
FlipFlop Mama
All Rileyed Up
Frog and Toad are Friends
Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual
RolloverSucka.com
Sanity, Interrupted
Miss Snark
The Daily Hasselhoff
Midnight Therapy with Crystal

Image hosting by Photobucket
Join BloggerChicks
Top  Blogs

This is Paying Me Nothing