Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's she doing? What is that? Ewwww...

Me: Charlie, stop gagging! You're fine. It's ok, baby.

Ava: I'm siiiiick.

Juliet: She's doing it again! Ewww!

Me: (driving) It's alright, baby. I'll get you cleaned up in a minute. Charlie, don't look at her! Stop gagging! Don't look at her!

Juliet: Aren't we going to turn around?

Me: Nope.

Ava: I feel siiiiick.

Me: I know, baby. Just give me a minute. (pushes button) I'll have 3, no 2 lime slushes and a large Dr. Pepper.

That's right. I kept driving. To Sonic. And that's right. She threw up again on the way home. You know you're a mama of three kids when the effort to get them into the car is enough to endure a 3 minute car ride of vomit. For Sonic slushes.

One of these days I'm going to write a more glowing story of motherhood. But it will probably be a lie.

http://here-in-idaho.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I love you. I really do... because people need to understand, sick kid or no, sometimes you just gotta get the hell outta the house!!

Hope Pukes is feeling better.

9/21/2006 09:20:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

She's hanging in there. Sleeping her day away (since she was up at 1,3 and 5 this morning..."noooo, I want water from the refrigerator downstairs! This is water for washing your hands!")

I'm a little bitter this afternoon.

9/21/2006 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Yep, I never knew that water from the upstais washroom was poisonous until I had kids. Thank God I finally know... Commenting on a comment, that's me.
Hope she's feeling better. Throwing up = yuck.

9/21/2006 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we so did the same thing when olivia was about 1. we had to have a freebirds burrito. drove the 25 minute drive and got about 2 miles away when olivia gagged herself with a cough and puked EVERYWHERE. it was cold out and we stripped her down, found the nearest gas station with paper towels to buy and wiped half digested goldfish vomit off of her naked little self. then we drove home with burritos in hand. a good time was had by all. well, almost all.

9/22/2006 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Good lord! That is so funny... I won't feel so bad when I commit this same act someday then! LOL!!!

9/22/2006 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is Who I Am

Kristi From Texas
Site Feed Site Feed

Site Feed

This is Who I Read

Chicky Chicky Baby
Miss DQ
Eva Las Vegas
Minivan Mafia
Suburban Turmoil
Izzy Mom
FlipFlop Mama
All Rileyed Up
Frog and Toad are Friends
Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual
RolloverSucka.com
Sanity, Interrupted
Miss Snark
The Daily Hasselhoff
Midnight Therapy with Crystal

Image hosting by Photobucket
Join BloggerChicks
Top  Blogs

This is Paying Me Nothing