Wednesday, October 04, 2006

No, I do not know what these words are. Yes, that makes me stupid.

Beck over at Frog and Toad are Friends has given me four words to define. Beck, who is so smart that she used the word "clement" in a recent post, which I had to look up. Mild weather. Duh.

I assume I'm not allowed to look these words up. So I'm guessing. Here are her words for me:

Callipygian - Semi-retarded cousins of the Egyptians. As in, "The Callipygians disappeared from history after a misguided and ill-timed attempt to conquer Egypt using pretty scarves and blunted beadwork."

Cholera: Deadly disease. I think it's transmitted by water. Which is why I drink Dr. Pepper. If all the people of the 3rd world drank Dr. Pepper, they wouldn't get the cholera. And not to be confused with chlamydia, which is a disease of your dirty parts.

Circumnavigate: My purpose in blogging. As in, "Why do you blog?" "Oh, I'm circumnavigating my children" You say avoid, I say circumnavigate. Let's call the whole thing off.

Calliope: A children's show that used to be on USA when I was a kid. All I remember is "Hey Kids! It's time for Calliope!" Or I could have just dreamed up that show and it's all in my head. In which case, Calliope is the new trendy name among white middle class Americans. Only they spell it Kalliahpee.

Oh dang. I just looked up the two words I didn't know. I suck. And I also suck because I'm not going to tag anyone with my own words. Only because I've spent so much time blogging today that I don't have the clevertude to come up with four funny words.

http://here-in-idaho.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Hahahaha. You're so funny! I'm so glad I tagged you.Seriously, I laughed so hard that I snorted cranberry juice out my nose. Which looked terribly intelligent.
And circumnavigating my children is why I blog, too! What a coincidence.

10/04/2006 05:41:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Posts like this are why I love you.

I too do not know what a Calliypygian is but your definition works for me. Reminds me of the game Balderdash. LOVE that game.

You and I would rock the hizzy with that game. I think we would be peeing Dr. Pepper from all the laughter.

10/07/2006 09:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is Who I Am

Kristi From Texas
Site Feed Site Feed

Site Feed

This is Who I Read

Chicky Chicky Baby
Miss DQ
Eva Las Vegas
Minivan Mafia
Suburban Turmoil
Izzy Mom
FlipFlop Mama
All Rileyed Up
Frog and Toad are Friends
Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual
RolloverSucka.com
Sanity, Interrupted
Miss Snark
The Daily Hasselhoff
Midnight Therapy with Crystal

Image hosting by Photobucket
Join BloggerChicks
Top  Blogs

This is Paying Me Nothing